Making a complaint

We aim to provide high-quality service to all our customers. If you’re unhappy, let us know so we can make things right.

What to do if you’re unhappy

The first step is to let us know about your concern. You can find out more about our promise and the full complaints process below.

The easiest way to let us know about your concern is to complete the form below.

You can also get in touch these ways
  • Members: On 0300 2000 555 between 8.30am-6pm Monday to Friday
  • Employers: On 01293 58666 between 8.30am-6pm Monday to Friday
  • Advisers: On 01293 586643 between 8.30am-6pm Monday to Friday

If you’re none of the above or are complaining on behalf of someone, call us on 0300 2000 555. Calls are charged at local rates.

We’ll need a few extra details if you email or write to us:
  • Members: Please include your name, customer number (this appears at the top of any letter we’ve sent you), date of birth or National Insurance number.
  • Employers: Please include your name or business name and account number (if applicable).
  • Advisers: Please include your client’s details – as mentioned above.

If you’re none of the above, please include your name. If you’re complaining on behalf of someone, you’ll need to include their details.

No matter how you contact us, we aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Our Resolutions team will acknowledge your complaint and let you know how we’re investigating your concerns, and how long we think this will take.

Submit a complaints form

We’ve marked all the fields you need to complete with an asterisk*.

Our promise

If we make a mistake or you’re unhappy with our service, we’ll listen and deal with your complaint fairly and promptly.

We’ll respond to your complaint within 3 working days after the date we receive it

If the Resolutions team can’t resolve your complaint within 3 days, we’ll let you know and your complaint will be passed to the Complaints team to manage the investigation.

  • Our team has the knowledge and skills needed to investigate and resolve your complaint.
  • The person investigating won’t have been directly involved in the cause of your complaint.
  • They’ll have the authority to settle your complaint (or have access to someone who does).
  • They’ll keep in touch with you to update you on progress.
We’ll write to you within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint

We’ll either have a final response or if we still need more time, we’ll explain the reason for the delay, letting you know when you’ll receive a final response.

Our final response to you

If we were at fault, we’ll make every effort to put you in the position had the error not occurred and we may offer a form of compensation. Or if we reject your complaint, we’ll give you a full explanation.

If you’re unhappy with the outcome

If you’re unhappy with our final response, you can get in touch with one of the organisations listed below. The organisation you should contact will depend on whether you’re a member, employer or adviser:

  • Members: You can use our internal dispute resolution procedure to escalate your complaint. We’ll send you more details about this. Or you can contact MoneyHelper, The Pensions Ombudsman or The Pensions Regulator
  • Employers: Contact The Pensions Ombudsman or The Pensions Regulator
  • Advisers: Contact The Pensions Regulator

If you’re none of the above or are complaining on behalf of someone, we will tell you if you are able to use our internal dispute resolution procedure to escalate your complaint. Also, you can contact any of the organisations below.


An independent organisation that provides information and guidance to members of the public.

120 Holborn
0800 011 3797

The Pensions Ombudsman

An independent organisation set up by law to investigate complaints about pension administration. The Pensions Ombudsman will look at the facts without taking sides. They have the legal power to make decisions that are final, binding and enforceable.

The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade
E14 4PU
0207 630 2200

The Pensions Regulator

The UK regulator for work-based pension schemes. They have wide-ranging powers and are able to intervene in the running of pension schemes where trustees, employers or professional advisers fail in their duties.

The Pensions Regulator
Napier House
Trafalgar Place
East Sussex
0345 600 1011

If you would like to see data on our previous complaints then go to our complaints data page.