Supporting our members
The past year has proved to be tricky for everybody – but we’ve taken some key learnings from it. As ever, the focus of The People’s Pension’s Trustee board centred on safeguarding our members’ interests. How are we continuing to consider your needs? Well, in a nutshell:
- Coronavirus response – we’ve worked closely with our colleagues at The People’s Pension to provide investment reassurance, highlight the risk of pension scams and promote our vulnerable customer helpline. With many members directly impacted financially, we want to help where we can.
- Investment governance – the Scheme’s risk exposure and investment strategy has been carefully monitored throughout the year.
- Scheme management – the Trustee’s Risk, Administration and Communications Committee (RACC) has assessed – and implemented ways to reduce – risk, and evaluates Scheme communications. The RACC has put continued good member protection at the centre of its work.
- Administration – The People’s Pension are always looking for ways to refine customer service and deliver a strong retirement savings journey for our members. We try to ensure that the right people are put in place to deliver the service standards our members expect.
- Value for members – we believe the Scheme represents good value. This Trustee assessment is supported by responses to research with our members and employers.
- Communicating and reporting – we aim to share important updates with our members at the right time.
Key figures – at a glance
So, as at 31 January 2021, we currently have:
- 5.26m members
- 98,000 employer accounts
- £12.87bn assets under management
Recorded Online Update
We especially recognise the importance of giving you, our members, a voice to ask the pension questions that really matter. This is where our Recorded Online Update comes in.
In this video update, you’ll hear directly from me, and those who help look after your pension savings, on some of the key topics that are important for you to consider. Our video is split into sections, so you can watch it all in one go or by topic.
Based on the questions you’ve asked, the update covers:
- Consolidation – combining pensions
- Responsible investment
- Protecting your pension
Don’t miss out – watch our Recorded Online Update video.
We hope you find this update useful and look forward to sharing our next update with you in 2022.
This article was written when we were B&CE, before we changed our name to People’s Partnership in November 2022.